Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Shish Taouk.. and BMH Food Poisoning

I've spent quite some time tonight thinking about food (nothing new there, I guess), so I figured I'd write a bit about the best new thing I've tried since arriving in Montreal: the Shish Taouk.




For those of you uninitiated, I'll explain. It's Lebanese. Basically, a thin pita wrap (not the gyro kind) with marinated chicken, lettuce, tomato, crunchy radish, and garlic sauce. It might sound simple, and it might sound like any other Middle Eastern wrap you've tried, but no - it's better than that. They're filling, they're yummy, and I'm addicted. These days, I like to get them delivered from a placed called Boustan, where they come with a drink and rice or garlic potatoes.

I was first introduced to the Shish at Sailing team - there's a little Dep (commonly known as the "Paki Shack") across the road from the yacht club where we'd snag them before hopping the bus back to town. For four bucks, it doesn't get much better.

And in other news, my suspicions about the dorm cafeteria are coming to life: several people on my floor have spent the last two days embracing porcelain. The alleged culprit: cottage cheese. The problem: food that sits on the buffet line for days before being eaten. I can't wait to have my own kitchen!

Tonight, I think I'll go swim laps and then probably talk to Kalei till I can no longer keep my eyes open. Am I waking up too late in the morning if she, three hours behind, has to call to wake me up? One alarm doesn't seem to be enough. I think tonight, I'll set two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

]